WHAT MAKES ALTA PACIFIC DIFFERENT
Effective January 1, 2015 Alta Pacific is now AP Capital. See www.apcapital.ca for more information. This website will be re-directed there in coming days.
Canadian real estate is viewed by many in the global investment community as a stable long-term investment. Investing in Canadian real estate backed mortgages is an excellent way to achieve security while realizing consistent returns.
Alta Pacific operates in Western Canada - a region nationally acknowledged for having stable real estate values. This stability means our real estate-backed security may be right for you.
As an experienced organization rooted in Western Canada, we understand the local markets and opportunities found across the Western Provinces. We are well connected and work with the most trusted financial professionals and mortgage professionals.
DOING WHAT'S RIGHT
Imagine an investment that helps solve problems, and allows other to achieve their goals while you achieve yours. This is what an investment in Alta Pacific delivers. We are committed to helping Canadians - our shareholders and our customers - reach their goals.
HOW ALTA PACIFIC OPERATES
Investor’s capital is pooled and used to fund mortgages that have been secured by Canadian residential and commercial real estate. Mortgages generate revenue through interest charged to borrowers. Alta Pacific operates like a bank: lending money to borrowers, collecting mortgage payments, and then passing on earnings to shareholders. Monthly cash flow results in net income - 100% of which is distributed to shareholders.
In addition to following each of the Canadian Income Tax rules, Alta Pacific follows its own disciplined lending principles based on each founder’s experience in the Canadian real estate market. Many of these principles are unique to Alta Pacific and we believe set us apart from other mortgage funds and real estate investment options.
- Primary focus is on residential properties in urban Western Canadian communities
- Mortgage loans on residential properties are targeted at under 75% loan to value (some exceptions may apply)
- Current market value of commercial and residential real estate is determined by current appraisals performed by independent third party certified appraisers
- No more than 75% of the available funds of the Corporation may be invested in second mortgages
- Mortgages are offered with primarily 12 month terms