WHAT MAKES ALTA PACIFIC DIFFERENT
Can any of us afford to ignore the security side of an investment? Investing in Canadian real estate backed mortgages (through a Mortgage Investment Corporation, or MIC) is an excellent way to achieve security while realizing consistent returns.
Alta Pacific operates in Western Canada: region nationally acknowledged having stable and strong real estate values. This stability means our real estate-backed security may be right for you.
As an experienced organization rooted in Western Canada, we understand the local markets and opportunities found across the Western Provinces. We are well connected and work with the most trusted financial planners and mortgage professionals.
DOING WHAT'S RIGHT
Imagine an investment that helps solve problems, and allows other to achieve their goals while you achieve yours. This is what an investment in Alta Pacific delivers. We are committed to helping Canadians-our shareholders and our customers-reach their goals.
HOW ALTA PACIFIC OPERATES
Investor’s capital is pooled and used to fund mortgages that have been secured by Canadian residential and commercial real estate. Mortgages generate revenue through interest charged to borrowers. Alta Pacific operates like a bank: lending money to borrowers, collecting mortgage payments, and then passing on earnings to shareholders. Monthly cash flow results in net income-100% of which is distributed to shareholders.
In addition to following each of the Canadian Income Tax rules, Alta Pacific follows its own disciplined lending principles based on each founder’s experience in the Canadian real estate market. Many of these principles are unique to Alta Pacific and we believe set us apart from other mortgage funds and real estate investment options.
- Mortgage loans on commercial properties are held when... Alta Pacific is in 1st mortgage position (or extremely favourable 2nd position)...and, if bare land, the loan to value is less than 50% (loan to value = loan extended to borrower (e.g. $120K) divided by value of property (e.g. $240K)).
- Mortgage loans on residential properties are targeted at under 75% loan to value (some exceptions may apply)
- Current market value of commercial and residential real estate is always determined by current appraisals performed by independent third party certified appraisers
- No more than 75% of the available funds of the Corporation may be invested in second mortgages
- Alta Pacific works to maintain a balance of residential vs. commercial or industrial mortgage loans
- Mortgages are offered between 3 and 12 month terms